1- 12 May 2019
Workshops to accompany The M Word show:
Please note that unticketed events are free, but please RSVP for numbers. Events marked* are ticketed, and should be booked by Eventbrite (links below).
- The Alternative Birth Plan Workshop* led by Curator and Artist Amy Dignam. This workshop is aimed at women at any stage of their pregnancy. Fri 3 May 12:30 – 2 pm. Click here for tickets.
- Family Workshop (Parent and child 11+) Sunday 5th May 1 – 2pm. RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bring your work and ideas to the gallery for an informal conversation with exhibiting artists and curator. Visit our Study Room. Wed 8 May 12 – 5pm (All welcome.)
- Clothing Exchange: Artist Susan Merrick creates a clothing exchange with a difference. Using donated clothing from the area in which she lives and works, the artist sets up a space of discussion and exchange. Thurs 9 May 12- 5pm (All welcome.)
- Let’s Crochet UK*: Crochet is well known for keeping anxiety at bay and promoting wellbeing. In this workshop you will learn some simple techniques and get immersed in the soothing repetition and touch of crochet and wool. Mindful Crochet led by Artist Barbara Touati-Evans. Friday 10 May time tbc. Click here for tickets.
- Maternal Journal Workshop: with artist, midwife and birth activist Laura Godfrey-Isaacs. The project explores the history and practice of journaling as well as its potential to support our wellbeing. This workshop is for pregnant women or new mothers. (Please note: unfortunately we don’t have creche facilities). Saturday 11th May 12:30 – 2pm. RSVP:email@example.com